Monday, August 28, 2017

Levi Stauber Q&A

Levi Stauber

2000-01-16 

Senior Forward

Duluth Marshall High School

96GP-51G-40A

Michigan Tech commit



Q: Duluth Marshall made the jump from Class A to Class AA after your freshman year, how tough was the transition for you and your team?

A: It was a good move for our school to do that because we play against schools with bigger enrollment. Our team responded well and now this will be our third year being in Class AA and we pretty much know what to expect.

Q: You made a 30 point jump from your sophomore to junior year more than doubling your points from the previous year, what helped you step your game to another level?

A: The Elite League in Minnesota during the fall was great preparation for me because you play with and against the best players in the state. It's a great league for development.

Q: You and your cousin Willy have both been 2 of the top players on Duluth Marshall the past 2 seasons, how has it been both being successful on the same team?

A: It's awesome being able to play on the same team as my cousin during high school. We are very good friends off the ice which helps our chemistry on the ice.

Q: You committed to Michigan Tech but was their anyone else that had you on their radar? if so was their any other schools you were thinking of attending?

A: Bemidji State and Northern Michigan offered me and I toured both schools. They were both great places with great coaching staffs but Tech stood out to me because of the prestige schooling and a very successful program.

Q: You are the nephew of the great Robb Stauber, have you ever had any thoughts of possibly playing goalie ever in your career?

A: No, even though he is my uncle and a very successful goalie, my dad played forward so he taught me how to play forward and I learned a lot from my dad.

Q: Speaking of Robb Stauber, his son Jaxon Stauber is a Mankato commit, how exciting will it be to play against him knowing you guys will both be playing a few times a year? (Both teams are in the WCHA)

A: I'm very excited to play against my cousin Jaxon. He has gotten the best of me the last couple times we have played in High School. I'm Hoping to get some revenge in College.

Q: You were drafted by Dubuque in the 2016 USHL Entry Draft, is that your plan hopefully after this upcoming season is over?

A: Yes i am hoping to play in Dubuque after high school, it is a great program there.

Q: What do you feel has been the biggest overall impact on making you a successful hockey player?

A: I would say my dad has, he has always pushed me to get better and given me everything i need to be successful.


Levi and the Duluth Marshall Hilltoppers are looking to build on the experience gained the past 2 seasons since making the jump to Class AA and are hoping to make their mark this year at the Section 7AA tournament this season were they have been knocked out in the opening game each season, both of which were 2-1 losses to Cloquet-Esko-Carlton including a heartbreaking double overtime this past season. Duluth Marshall is looking to makes its first state tournament appearance since 2013 and first ever appearance in the Class AA tournament.

No comments:

Post a Comment