Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Dylan Duke Q&A

Dylan Duke

04-03-2003

Compuware 14U

NHL Eligibility: 
2021




I got the chance to chat with recent Michigan commit Dylan Duke from the Compuware 14U Team, one who some say is one of the top 2003-born prospects in the country. He is a smart playmaker and is quick with his feet, making the right play at the right time. He is coming off of his third straight state title with the Belle Tire 03 Team in Michigan averaging over a point per game himself in that span.


Q: Who is your favorite Michigan Wolverine of all time?

A: I really like Dylan Larkin and watching him play for the Detroit Red Wings. I remember going to a Michigan game and watching Larkin and thinking that he is a really good player, plus I like his first name!

Q: Who is your favorite NHL Player?

A: Sidney Crosby has always been my favorite player since I can remember. I really look up to him and try to be just like him on and off the ice.

Q: Who do you try to model your game after?

A: I have always tried to play and be like Sidney Crosby. He is such a great two-way player, competitor, and leader for Pittsburgh. At the end of the day, he is a player who will do anything for his team to win championships. That's what I try and do.

Q: How does it feel to be considered one of the best 2003's in the entire country?

A: Well, it's quite the honor... but I have a long way to go to reach my goals in hockey. There are a lot of good 03 hockey players, so I need to continue to work hard every single day.

Q: How did it feel to win 3 three state titles with Belle Tire?

A: It was such a great accomplishment for our team. Our team is made up of a bunch of guys who love to win!

Q: Being a Michigan kid yourself, how does it feel to commit to your home state?

A: I am just really happy to commit to the University of Michigan and playing college hockey in my home state. The state of Michigan has a long tradition of hockey, I'm so honored to help represent the state and the University of Michigan.

Q: Were there any other schools that had showed interest in you?

A: Michigan State was very interested in me. They have a great hockey program as well and looking forward to battle against them. Should be fun! A few other schools had interest such as Miami (OH).

Q: What made you decide to choose the University of Michigan?

A: I have been going to Michigan games since I was 5 years old and always dreamed of playing hockey for them. It's got a great hockey program with outstanding academics. It ended up being a pretty easy decision for me.

Q: What are you looking forward to most in the upcoming season?

A: I'm looking forward to getting better as a hockey player, spending time with my teammates, and ultimately winning a National Championship. 

Q: What will you do in the coming years to best prepare yourself for college hockey?

A: I'm going to keep working hard on and off the ice. The Michigan coaches told me "the work starts now". So I understand the dedication I will need to put in.


No comments:

Post a Comment