Friday, February 23, 2018

Matt Stienburg Q&A


Matt Stienburg

10-07-00

St. Andrews College

Halifax, Nova Scotia




Q: What do you think are some of your biggest strengths both on and off the ice?

A: My biggest strengths as a player on and off the ice are my work ethic and my mental approach to the game. I want to do whatever it takes to get better each day or to win a game.

Q: Do you consider yourself a playmaker or a sniper and why?

A: Personally i've always been a guy who enjoys passing and making plays. I've always been a pass first player who looks to find my teammates.

Q: What helped you make your decision to commit to Cornell?

A: My decision to go to Cornell had a lot to do with the culture they have built and the team first mentality they play with. One of the reasons I love hockey so much is the special bond you create with your teammates and I think the culture coach Schafer has built at Cornell is all around that.

Q: Did you get the chance to visit the campus? What was it like?

A: I got a chance to visit Cornell and watch a game that they ended up winning 2-0. Seeing the atmosphere they have every game was something that I really enjoyed and am excited to experience myself someday. Their fans are the best in college hockey and create a lot of excitement for the players.

Q: Do you have a favorite Cornell Alumni?

A: Joe Nieuwendyk would have to by my favorite Cornell Alumni. Being from Halifax we aren't as exposed to college hockey as much as the CHL but he was still somebody that I heard about a lot growing up because of all the success he endured at every level.

Q: Being a Canadian, what do you think college hockey has to offer opposed to the CHL?

A: Personally, being a late bloomer college hockey gives me a little bit more time to grow and develop but I think the big thing for is the education that comes with it. Getting the opportunity to play for a top hockey program and attend such a quality school like Cornell is something I couldn't pass up.

Q: Who is your favorite NHL team?

A: Boston Bruins

Q: Is their a certain player you try to model your game after?

A: I try to play a similar game to Bergeron, I want to be a guy that my coach can trust in the last minute of the game if we are up a goal or down a goal.

Q: What has been your favorite moment playing hockey so far?

A: My favorite moment playing hockey so far is when I won the Atlantic Challenge Cup with Team Nova Scotia. This was a special feeling winning while representing my province, but also because Team Nova Scotia won at ever level of boys and girls. Being able to experience this at the same time as 3 other teams from the same province made it that much more special.

Q: Who has been the biggest contributor to your success?

A: Personally my dad has had a really big impact on my hockey career so far. He was fortunate enigh to spend time playing in the NHL and I have been really lucky to learn from him what it takes day to day to get the most out of yourself.

Q: Ovechkin or Crosby?

A: Crosby.

Q: Post Malone or Metallica?

A: Post Malone.

Q: Little Caesars or Domino's?

A: Little Caesars.

No comments:

Post a Comment