Monday, November 6, 2017

Thoughts on Mariucci


    My first time entering Mariucci I didn't really have much of an idea of what to expect. Being a long time North Dakota fan I felt it kind of strange to be surrounded my so much gold and maroon, but not knowing I was a UND fan most of the people I talked with were quite friendly as are most people in the upper Midwest unless you find yourself in the middle of a rivalry such as North Dakota and Minnesota when it comes to mens hockey. I had only ever been in what is called Dinkytown once prior in my life so I didn't know much of the area, but there was quite a variety of places to eat in the surrounding area which was nice and right down the block was TCF Bank Stadium which was absolute huge. The Williams Arena which is home to the Minnesota Gophers Basketball programs was next door, both of which have a rather simplistic design on the outside. Once inside the Arena has a modern but yet old school feel to it. The bowl itself all around gives you a great view of the action from about anywhere you sit, and the Overall I had a pleasant experience for only spending $20 on a ticket to see one of college hockey's most historic schools. The walls along the walkways are filled with history of the team, anything from old trophies to old team photos. One thing that caught my eye was a 1980 Olympic Gold Medal from the Miracle on Ice team. The arena also had plenty of different locations for merchandise and concessions which was nice for a consumers sake, but they only served beer to club and suite members which I was not a fan of. A hockey fan should be able to watch some hockey and drink an ice cold beer. I definitely would return in the future for a game for the overall experience I had for the price I paid!



No comments:

Post a Comment